Datacore Software is the global leader in storage virtualisation technology, is based in Ft Lauderdale USA with major locations in the UK (European support centre) Germany, France, Bulgaria and Japan (APAC support center). Datacore employs over 200 people (including around 40 in its globally distributed engineering team) who develop, sell and support the companies storage virtualisation products which have been embraced by more than 6,000 customers (20,000 licences) worldwide.
Performance information for world beating Datacore products is found here:
Design, develop, document, test, and debug new and existing software systems and/or applications for market sale or large-scale proprietary software for internal use. Serve as technical expert on development projects. Participate in full development life cycle including requirements analysis and design. Write technical specifications based on conceptual design and stated business requirements. Support, maintain, and document software functionality. Identify and evaluate new technologies for implementation. Analyze code to find causes of errors and revise programs as needed. Participate in software design meetings and analyze user needs to determine technical requirements. Consult with end user to prototype, refine, test, and debug programs to meet needs. Work without supervision on highly complex projects. Extensive latitude for independent judgment. Assist less experienced peers. Extensive knowledge of the field. Typically requires 10 to 14 years of experience.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in defining and implementing technical direction
- Help develop specification, program and documentation
- Develop, implement, and maintain application software to established standards and specification in a timely and accurate manner
- Perform or review systems analysis, design, programming, testing, debugging and documentation
- Implement approved changes to application software to maintain standards as set forth, correct problem, modify or enhance application function
- Maintains integrity of program logic and coding and establishes requires checks and balances for operational controls
- Produce procedural documentation as required
- Works effectively with peers, team members and superiors
- Review and analyze existing application programs and programs development to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of programs
- Lead or participate in process improvement
- Duties listed above describes typical duties and responsibilities and is not intended to limit management from assigning or reassigning other work to meet the needs of the company.
- Extensive experience of designing, coding debugging and testing in various software languages, in particular C, C++ or C#.
- Kernel or device driver experience with an understanding of low level interactions between hardware and software.
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with a geographically distributed team.
- Expert knowledge of Storage Area Networking concepts
- High level of competency in Microsoft Windows OS platform
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related field
- Highly proficient with office productivity tools (Outlook, Office, etc.)
- Experience with enterprise class applications such as SQL, Exchange, SharePoint, ESX, Citrix, etc.